In order to prepare our students to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century, the West Lafayette Jr/Sr High School, in partnership with the community, will cultivate in our students
- The academic, artistic, physical, and social growth of the individual;
- A love of learning that will continue growth beyond formal education;
- Respect for themselves and others;
- The ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, societies, and cultures;
- Problem-solving skills and the adaptability in thinking needed to take their places as productive members of a global society.
Graduates of West Lafayette Jr/Sr High School will be able to implement the skills and knowledge gained in academics and the arts (fine, practical, and physical) as productive members of our society. They will be adaptable thinkers, respecting themselves and others, ready to take their places in a rapidly changing world.
- Every individual has the value and the power to make a difference.
- Strength lies in diversity of race, cultures, abilities, and talents.
- Critical and creative thinking skills are essential to function in today's society.
- Effective use of technology is an essential tool in today's society.