Mobile Device Initiative
Starting with the school year 2020-21, West Lafayette Jr./Sr. High School will be requiring devices/laptops for students. Please look over the options below to choose which plan works best for you and your child.
School-Provided Option (Default)
- Lenovo Gen 2 Chromebook and Charging brick $60 per year
- Cloud-Filtered (at home & on-campus internet filtering)
- Accidental Protection (1 claim per year at no charge)
- Device repair is available at the school during weekdays
- Fast turnaround time for repairs
- A loaner device will be provided during a repair
- General use wear and tear is covered by the school
- Qualifies under Free/Reduced Textbooks
Family-Provided Option (BYOD)
Please read the information below and then complete this form.
- You may opt-out of leasing a device from the school
- By opting out, you will not be charged the annual lease fee at registration.
- Please review our system requirements to ensure your device qualifies for BYOD.
- Phones will not be accepted as a BYOD option
- See below for more information regarding qualifying devices