Counseling ServicesSuicide Prevention
Anyone may get help any time. Here are three ways:
- Text HELPNOW to 20121
- In Indiana, call 1-800-662-3445
- Nationwide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Tell an adult, or
- Call/Text the hotline, or
- Call 911.
GREATER LAFAYETTE AREA COLLEGE FAIR
Wed, Sept 26 / 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Lafayette Jeff High School / Auxiliary Gym.
Grade 9-12 students and parents are welcome!
Before you go, visit this website to get a personalized barcode to simplify your college fair experience:
This barcode eliminates the need to complete handwritten inquiry cards at each table and allows you to focus more on engaging in meaningful conversations with college reps. At the fair, the barcode can be scanned from either a printed page or from a phone screen.
ATTENTION AP STUDENTS!
*If you are in an AP Class and have not "joined" your AP Classroom at myap.collegeboard.org, please see your AP Teacher for the join code.
*Remember: this is how you will register for your AP Exams!
*More information regarding exam orders and fees will be given later this month.
Class of 2019 MeetingThe annual Senior & Parent Night will be Wednesday, Aug 22 at 6:30 p.m. in the Howenstein Auditorium. Students will receive a packet of materials to help with college applications. Counselors will make a brief presentation before turning the program over to admissions personnel from IU, Purdue, and Wabash. All class of 2019 and class of 2020 students and their parents are invited to attend.
IMPORTANT AP CHANGES FOR 2018-2019
- First weeks of class: Teachers set up classes in the system and provide a “join” code to their students. Students create accounts in the system and use the join code to connect to their AP class and begin using the classroom resources.
- November 1, 2018: Exam Fees due
- November 15, 2018: AP Coordinator submits exam order
- February 15, 2019: Exam fees due for classes that only meet 2nd semester
- March 1, 2019: Deadline for late exam orders or exam cancellations.
“Join” Your AP Class by August 31st
- Your teacher will give you the “join code” for the class. You’ll get a unique join code for each AP class you’re taking.
- You’ll visit myap.collegeboard.org, and sign in with your College Board student account login.
- You’ll enter the join code your teacher or AP coordinator gave you. After you confirm your enrollment, you’re all set!
- You must be enrolled to be able to order your exam!
Make AP Exam Decision in the FallThis year, AP Exams will be ordered in the fall. Be on the lookout for directions from Mrs. Gruss, your AP coordinator, for signing up for AP Exams.
New Student Enrollment Information for Grades 7-12
Complete these steps:
- Establish residency. You must live in the WLCSC corporation in order to send your child to this school. Go here to view the map: http://www.wl.k12.in.us/info/school-boundaries. Once you have a lease or purchase agreement, we will need a copy to keep in the student's file.
- We need a copy of your child's birth certificate or passport.
- We need a copy of your child's immunization record.
- For those coming from out-of-country, we place students in the grade level that is age-appropriate, even if that grade level was completed already in another country.