School is Open
West Lafayette
Jr./Sr. High School
Load Mobile Menu

Counseling Services

Suicide Prevention

Anyone may get help any time.  Here are three ways:
  • Text HELPNOW to 20121
  • In Indiana, call 1-800-662-3445
  • Nationwide, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
If you need help or you want to help someone -- friend or stranger:
  • Tell an adult, or
  • Call/Text the hotline, or
  • Call 911.
Show someone you care.  Just ask if they're okay, and let them talk.  Listening is a powerful tool, and we're all capable of using it.

Class of 2019 Meeting
The annual Senior & Parent Night will be Wednesday, Aug 22 at 6:30 p.m. in the Howenstein Auditorium.  Students will receive a packet of materials to help with college applications.  Counselors will make a brief presentation before turning the program over to admissions personnel from IU, Purdue, and Wabash.  All class of 2019 and class of 2020 students and their parents are invited to attend.

New Student Enrollment Information for Grades 7-12

Complete these steps:
  1.  Establish residency.  You must live in the WLCSC corporation in order to send your child to this school.  Go here to view the map:  Once you have a lease or purchase agreement, we will need a copy to keep in the student's file.
  2.  Make an appointment for math placement (and language testing, if your student is not a native English speaker).  Your child will take one or two tests -- one to determine the math class and, if needed, one to determine English language abilities.  You may contact our registrar, Mrs. Jennifer Zink ( eMail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 765-746-0418), to set up those appointments.  When your child comes in for the first test, you should come also to get the enrollment forms.
  3. Make an enrollment appointment ( eMail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 765-746-0418).  Once we know the math (and English language) levels, we will be able to place your child in classes.  Please tell Mrs. Zink the name and address of your child's former school so that she may request records from them.
Here is some more information for you to know:
  • We need a copy of your child's birth certificate or passport.
  • We need a copy of your child's immunization record.
  • For those coming from out-of-country, we place students in the grade level that is age-appropriate, even if that grade level was completed already in another country.